Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why I like Wednesday



While I could totally write an entire post on how much I have in common with Wednesday Addams (above), that's not what I mean! But I thought the image was cute.

In reality I feel the opposite from the caption on the photo above.. I LOVE Wednesdays! Here are a few reasons:

1. It is the one day of the week I most consistently get to shower AND wash my hair.
2. I have a good reason to dress in something other than "house clothes." Which excites me! What? I like clothes!
3. It's the middle of the week, which means it's not Monday or Tuesday anymore.
4. On most Wednesdays, the kids and I get out of the house in the morning and go to Mops at my church, which I enjoy. On the off-weeks, I look forward to getting out of the house for #5.
5. I get to go to church orchestra rehearsal and play with a bunch of really talented musicians. I love the challenge of trying to keep up with band directors and grad students who play more than twice a week (me).

Right now, my life is simple. I stay close to home with my kiddos. Next year when Caleb is in Kindergarten, life will be quite different. We won't have the "luxury" of staying in our pajamas all day, or not leaving the house for 3 days. So, I'm savoring this time I still have left with both kids at home with me all the time. I love every minute of it and would not trade it for a stack of money as tall as Mt. Kilimanjaro!

Speaking of tall mountains in Africa, my mom posted an update on her blog today. Wednesdays are her "day off" - which adds another reason to love Wednesday -- I hope to get updates from her on those days! I've been getting periodic text messages and occasional emails, but yesterday I got to Skype with her! It was totally unexpected, which made it that much sweeter! I just happened to be on the computer, and the little Skype pop-up popped up and told me she was online, so I dialed and she answered! The kids came in and got to see her too. They are still pretty oblivious to the whole "halfway around the world" thing, but for me it was such a relief and an unexpected blessing to see her face and hear her voice! Thank you Lord for allowing us to have this technology!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Which elementary campus will y'all be on next year when Caleb starts school? I know y'all were looking for a new place recently, but am not sure if you still are. Can't decide if you're closer to SS or Higgins, though....do you know?

Unknown said...

Actually, he will go to Brown. I've already confirmed it, although we're within spittin' distance to Stanton Smith. I'm excited about the small campus at Brown!