Sunday, January 10, 2010

Carly is Two!

Dear Carly,

Today marks the second year since you entered God's earth.. while I sit here and think about what to write I can't grasp that it has already been two years. TWO YEARS!! I don't know what our lives would be like without you here. Caleb would be a lonely little boy without his "Carta, Carwee, Baby" sister.

Your sweet and sassy personality makes us all smile at least once a day... or hour... You keep me on my toes for sure.

I hear often, and I am guilty of repeating it, that "we are going to have our hands full with this one"... I'd rather them be full of you than any other little girl!

"You're going to have to watch her!" ... I don't want to be watching anyone else!

I'm so thankful that you will still snuggle with me at bedtime at least for a minute or two because I love to look into your eyes and talk with you quietly. Please never stop that. I don't think I'm ready to let that go.

I can't believe how smart you are. The things you say every day astound me. And girl, do you have a stubborn streak! And you somehow manage to be cute at the same time.

I can absolutely see God's intricate details of your daddy and me woven into your being, and I am amazed at the perfection that He created in you. We are teaching you about your Creator, that He was there before you were knit together, and HE IS here now, and He will be with you forever. Don't ever forget that, sweet girl, that you are His, and He loves you more than any other creation. You are LOVED more than you could ever know.

I am so grateful I was chosen to be your mommy!

Love.