Saturday, January 02, 2010

2009: Year in Review

I'm taking this from another blogger friend, because it's neat to go back and reflect on the last year.

January:
Carly's first birthday snuck up on us quickly! She turned 1 on January 10th. We had a fun little party at our house.

February:
Caleb turned three on the 28th, and his party was supposed to be at Brookshire's museum, but that day it was very cold, and VERY windy outside, so at the last minute we moved it indoors to Chuck E Cheese. Caleb was very disappointed, until he realized how much fun Chuck E Cheese was!

March:
In March I held my first in-home party for AlexiaJean. Although it wasn't as successful as we had hoped, it was a wonderful first experience and helped me focus on what direction I want to take my business.

April:
In April, I went to Canton for the first time in about 10 years. The kids also had about four different Easter egg hunts... and then on April 21, Greg lost his job with Farmers. He had already been mowing yards in his spare time, and we both felt like we were being called to move forward with that business and not look back. I'm happy to say it was the best thing that's ever happened to us!

May:
Greg turned the 3-0 in May!

June: I taught Kindergarten in VBS -- fun and exhausting!! It also reminded me of the reasons I changed my major from Elementary Ed to Business...

July: My 26th birthday!

August: August was filled with hot summer days outside in the pool, and Greg was busy busy busy mowing yards from dawn to dusk! (not literally, but he was VERY busy!)

September:
Caleb started going to KidzPraise children's choir at church. Greg and I went camping with our Sunday School class, but it started raining as soon as we got there and didn't stop all night! So we had a nice cozy night at home in our dry bed while the kids slept over at the Rice's! I volunteered at the bi-annual city-wide consignment sale, and then went to Nashville TN with three other girls for the Mops convention.

October:
Greg mowed through October, which surprised us since we expected the grass to quit growing by the ned of September. God's blessings continue to pour when you trust in Him! I set up for the Rose Festival craft show and got rained out the second day. I also got to have a fun weekend with two of my best girlfriends with much shopping, zoo, football game and Starbucks! And there was also trick-or-treating!

November:
I did another craft show in Bullard with nice weather this time! We had Thanksgiving at home this year with "the leftovers" as we came to call ourselves... all of our family that stayed home- we all got together and made a holiday out of it!

December: Christmas parties! Santa came and left a hugepile of toys, which we are still trying to find places for!

That pretty much wraps it up nicely. Now onto 2010!

No comments: