Monday, November 27, 2006

The Thanksgiving Story


Caleb's first Turkey leg! (no, he didn't actually EAT it!)


Caleb's swing on the back porch - and the only thing that made little mr. grumpy smile.

We spent thanksgiving this year in Whitehouse at the Rice's. It was the first time I can remember having Heather, Marchall, Janell and Isaac there too! It was great to have the whole family with all the grandkids at the same place. Heather's dressing was really good, even though I HATE dressing, and the Greenberg smoked turkey and the HoneyBHam were good too. The best part was they were both fully cooked so we didn't have to worry about that. yay.

We went Tuesday afternoon and Greg worked in the car while I drove. Caleb slept the whole way like we planned for him too (it was nap time). We arrived fine, Greg worked some more, and all was good until 4 am when Caleb woke up screaming and wouldn't go back to sleep. Greg and I took turns cuddling him on the reclining sofa until about 6:30 when I tried to put him in bed with us and it just didn't happen. So up for the day we got! (Luckily for them, Heather's family wasn't in town yet) OK, fine another good day, sans naps of course, Heather's family arrived Wednesday evening, the kids had fun together, and bedtime. Caleb went down good and we all justhoped and prayed it would last all night. Like and alarm clock, 4 am he was awake and screaming again. This time he wouldn't even cuddle with us, and the kids were asleep in the living room so we were stuck in a 10x10 bedroom full of antique furniture trying to NOT wake up the whole house. After about 45 minutes of off and on crying, Heather peeked in the door and came in to try to help. 5 minutes later there was Pam, follwed shortly by Marhall, Jerry, and both kids. SO, at 5 am we all decided to give it up and start breakfast. Caleb was ready to play anyway, so he Janell and Isaac played with him while I went back to bed for an hour or so. We decided before 7 am that we would be coming home that day and not staying Thursday night like we planned, all for the sake of sleep! Caleb has slept gradually better since we got home, and right now as I type it is 7:56 am and he is still asleep. I know it sounds like I'm whining but when he sleeps from 9:00 to 8:00 on a regular basis, it's rough getting up four hours early!

OK, whining is over.

No comments: