Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mops Convention

Whew! How much fun can a girl have in a four day period? Lots!! I was lucky to get to go to the Mops International Convention this year for the first time. It was at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville. I had so much fun -- our little group of four heard some great seminars, comedy, AWESOME worship time with Matt Redman and Christy Nockels, heard Matthew West and Plumb perform.. MopShopping and resource fair (read: FREE STUFF!), and we went downtown one night to see what Nashville is all about. The other girls got themselves some cowgirl boots... I settled for a hat, which after looking through my pictures I noticed I am wearing that silly $5 hat in every one of them! There were around 4,000 women there, and even in a place that huge, that is a LOT of people. Always a line to stand in-- for food, girls' room, checkout lines, coffee-- everything except the elevator, strangely.

the story might be better told through the pictures...


Jamie almost hyperventilated when she figured our hotel was across the street from Cooter's. (It's a late-70s kid thing, I guess... Dukes of Hazzard.) We all lined up for a picture beside the General Lee.

Chelsey


Me


Jamie


The view INSIDE the Gaylord Opryland. There was even a riverboat tour.




We walked past these silly horses several times on our way from our room to the conference center. So on the last day we took pictures with them. I decided that the stupid horses needed a stupid pose, so that's what I did.


Group Pic inside the Gaylord


Meeting my "imaginary friend" Andrea. Our oldest kids were born around the same time and we were/are a part of the forums on Babycenter.com.


In a Grand Ole Opry Store downtown


This is JAMIE riding the bull. She did quite well! And there is a video to prove it!


Meeting Josh Dunne at Cadillac Ranch. We all think he'll be famous someday, so I'm bummed my pic is fuzzy :(


Cute sign downtown


This guitar is on the street corner in downtown Nashville. That pretty smoky look in the picture is actual cigarette smoke from the nice lady who took our picture.


Me and the HonkyTonk guitar. I only know a handful of those faces.. :/


The theme for Mops this year. I took a picture of one of the five HUGE screens they had in the room.


My pirate picture of Plumb singing. She is amazing! One of my all-time favorites.


Boo! Coming home... it was a pleasant flight on the smallest aircraft I've ever been on. A 50 passenger jet. I know there are many smaller planes, but this one was still rather small. I learned on the first flight that the "overhead" bins are not actually over anyone's head. I know this because I cracked my forehead on it when I went to get in my seat. I learned my lesson on the second flight.

No comments: