Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Passage for the day

I had a little reflection time on this early this morning:

Matthew 7:1-6

“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. 2 For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

3 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 4 How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

6 “Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

It is so neat how the Lord brought the right passage of scripture to mind to calm my spirit this morning.

I'm getting ready today to start the first leg of a trip that will end up in Nashville. Getting there is going to take a long time though! Today I take the kids to Grandma's/Mawmaw's, but before we leave I have to go get my blood drawn (FINALLY getting that Celiac test done!) and then run home and grab the kids and take them in for their flu shots. Home for lunch and (hopefully) a nap, and then we'll head out to Grandma's behind the evening rush hour traffic. That's the plan anyway. Tomorrow morning I fly to Nashville and will meet three other girls for the MOPS convention! I am so excited: 1) Nashville!! 2) Gaylord Opryland Hotel!! 3) Girl time with NO KIDS!! 4) Plumb in concert! I'm a sucker for her music - always have been ever since she first started. Even more so when she sarted singing beautiful lullabyish ballads to her baby. Not the sappy kind, the AWESOME kind! (My playlist is full of plumb, btw).

I hear Carly talking, so that means it's time to get started with my day! Yay for fun!

No comments: