Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Choices

As a mom of a toddler and a preschooler, I often hear the advice, "Pick your battles." Today I had a choice. Mommy needed to go to the bathroom, which on 99% of occasions happens with an audience of two. I'm okay with that. But today I just wanted some privacy for once. So I closed and locked the door, sat down, and proceeded. About 3.2 seconds later I heard the rustling at the door. After that I heard, "Mommy? What are you doing?" Then I heard a short pause, (the realization that the door was locked) and then "WAHHHHHHHHHHH! I want to come in there with you!!" So my time to myself was filled with lots and lots of noise.

So I realized I have two choices... perform in front of an audience, or listen to an over-the-top performance just outside the door. Today I chose the latter. Never again.

1 comment:

Strange family said...

this made me laugh out loud! :) bill engvall did a "bit" about this several years ago! love it!