Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fourth of July weekend

Also known as my birthday around here!

On the evening of the 3rd, my dad and stepmom came over and brought a portable party with them! They even brought guests! My Grannie and a new cousin (cousin's wife I hadn't met before) came too. Oh, and they brought cake, and presents, and sparklers for the kids! It was a fun little partay!

They sang to me!


Gave me a Keurig! Now I am officially an adult.


We did sparklers and poppers on the back porch




After the family party, Caleb and Carly gave me a birthday-eve present: my own set of tools, in a pink bag! I LOVE my tools, and have already used them a bunch!!



The next day, on the 4th, we made me a birthday cake (strawberry cake with cool whip and fruit topping, YUM!)


my first ever flag cake


Later we went over to some friends' house to eat and play, then the plan was to go at dark and watch fireworks at a nearby church, but just before dusk a storm rolled in -- the first rain in weeks -- so we waited and waited for it to stop raining so we could load up and watch the show.. Finally we gave up at 10:15 and decided to call it a night. We were so thankful for the much-needed rain that we weren't too disappointed about not seeing any fireworks, but on the drive home we watched as the church put on the show even in the rain. We stopped in the middle of the road as we drove by, and I got some pretty great pictures with my iPhone camera.


I even got a great video!



It was a great weekend to turn 28. Only two more years until all birthdays stop! :)

No comments: