Friday, November 26, 2010

Bright Blue Friday

Forget Black Friday. When you're in the country, the lure of the shopping mall is small. Instead, we had crisp weather, bright blue skies, and a big red tractor. Friday Fun!

Today I learned how to drive a tractor. I'm always up for an adventure, and I'll admit, I was scared I would crash. Which is funny since we were in the middle of a field, ha!

Grandpa telling me what to do. I was standing on the clutch, because I'm too light to hold it down and sit, and he was standing right in front of the big tire. And he told me if I let go of the clutch it would run him over and "kill your old Grandpa." No pressure!!


"I'm SCAAAAAARED!!!!"


"Wait, you're leaving?! what do I do? Eeeks!"


"EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!"


I did it! I think I drove about half a snail's pace, but only because he didn't tell me how to go faster. Or where the brakes were. But I didn't crash, and no one got injured. I'd call that a success!


Meanwhile, Melody perched, and looked very pretty doing it!


Caleb's turn. This is the reason we come to Grandma and Grandpa's house according to Caleb!


Daddy and his girl


Carly's first tractor ride. She's never wanted to go before today. In fact, last time we put her on the tractor, this happened. And it was just parked in the field.

Cracking a smile!


I love this one. So much.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh this is such a precious photo! You'll both treasure it.