Friday, May 22, 2009

You might know that my mode of worship is music. I love that I can be anywhere, and hear a song, whether it has words or not, and I can have a small private time of worship. Even when I'm laying in Caleb's bed and reading him a book with the radio in the background, or walking around in a store and hear a Christian song. (Okay really the only store on the planet where that could happen is Hobby Lobby! And occasionally the Brookshire's in Whitehouse.) Today this one stands out.

Bless The Lord by Laura Story

You give and take away for my good
For who am I to say what I need?
For You alone see the hidden parts of me
that need to be stripped away.

And as You begin to refine
I’m learning to let go and rely
on One who walks with me
As hard as it may be,
You’re teaching me all the while to say:

Bless the Lord, O my soul
All that’s in me bless Your name
Forget not Your power un- told
not Your glory or Your fame
For You came to heal the broken
to redeem and make me whole
Bless the Lord, O my soul.

Tomorrow the kids and I will go west for the long weekend to visit my mom and grandparents. I'm looking forward to spending time with my family! Greg is going to stay here, because he can't afford to be gone too many days in a row yet with his business still getting started, so we will miss him! I have been promised a night at the movies with my mom to see the new Star Trek movie.... I CAN'T WAIT!!! I haven't been to a theater since I was pregnant with Caleb, or even before that.. yikes.. it's way overdue at any rate. I have also been informed that Sam Moon is open in North Fort Worth FINALLY, after living there for 2.5 years and seeing the sign saying "Fort Worth welcomes Sam Moon" and never getting to go there was kinda sad... I hope to remedy that this weekend, whether I actually GET anything or not. Just to go and say I went. Woo! I also have a long overdue trip to JoAnn in the plans. Fabric heaven!!!!!

Back to embroidering and then it'll be cleanup time for Bunco tonight at my casa! Girls Night! This is shaping up to be a very fun weekend!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Have fun on your trip! Sounds like fun. I want to go to Sam Moon and JoAnn's!