Sunday, April 26, 2009

I am thankful.

Now that it's been about a week, we're still here and still surviving as an unemployed family. I can't actually classify us as unemployed, though, since I've been as busy as ever with AlexiaJean Designs and Greg has been getting lawn care calls all week. It's amazing, really, how people came out of the woodwork last week for us. Not surprising though, because we know Who is really in charge here, and He knows the plans for us. It is really cool to watch things unfolding before our eyes.

I was just going to reference Jeremiah 29:11, but then I read on and found even more neat things that apply to me today.

10
This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place...

To me, I see our past. I could rephrase this to "When your 6.5 years are complete in that evil workplace, I will fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place." This place for us is right here, right now. In this town, and at this time.

11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Now we have no choice but to look to the future, and not dwell on the past. And the LORD promises to prosper us and give us hope! (This is why Carly's middle name is Hope, by the way!)

12
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

Believe me, there is no more heartfelt seeking and finding when your family is on the line. It's a shame that when verse 13 is quoted it stops when it does.. keep reading and God reassures that promise. I WILL BE FOUND BY YOU! YOU WILL FIND ME, because I AM HERE!

My favorite part of this is the last part. God says, I will gather you from the places where I banished you, and bring you back from where I sent you into exile. God was in on it all along! Those years of struggle and stress were ordained by the One God. Cool.

Let me add this: I may write my heart, but I haven't written it all.. As my one friend pointed out, yeah I can write all this, but I of course I have had those feelings of anger, fear, disappointment, resentment, and more anger. I suppose it's natural. And of course, even though we are trusting God, I am SCARED TO DEATH. I'm glad I am inspiring, but I'm not perfect. I'm stressed. I want to cry whenever someone suggests going out and grabbing a burger. I am dreading this week when Mops is having a spa day. Buying gas today was nerve wracking when you know it's a limited supply on the debit card. I am worried because Caleb needs to go to the doctor and our insurance ends on Thursday. The little things are big right now and it stinks. But I still know it will be okay, because I am leaning on the Everlasting Arms. I just need to adjust my definition of "okay."

2 comments:

The Skaggs said...

Love y'all! And love your honesty! Praying for y'all!

Shelly said...

Lexi: I know exactly what you're feeling. Call me if you need to chat!