Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hiatus

It's been a while since I've felt like I hve the time to write a blog. I've been crazy busy lately, in a good way, and trying to limit my computer time. It seems like the computer is a brain-sucking hindrance to me, so I'm trying to lessen the time I spend on it and increase the time I spend with my kiddos or my crafting. I've been so busy with orders (and still am) that it's pretty easy to strike Facebook off my priority list, haha.

Greg's yard service is going well. The last week was in the 100s so it was HOT needless to say, but he was out there every day (and his dad too) working in that heat. Busy busy. Yesterday we got a much needed thunderstorm with plenty of rain, and the rest of the day was 85 degrees. Greg said it felt AWESOME. He's been mwoing like a maniac, and I'm so proud of what a hard worker he is for our family.

***Sidebar: Carly just walked in the office and showed me all the things she's holding, "Babboooon, Meeeeelk, Shish, Lulther one Tent, Beebo" Which means, "balloon, milk, fish, other one tent (there is another fish in the tent), belly button. " She is so chatty!***

I've been working on a wholesale order for a small boutique store, and hoping to get that finished by next week. Meanwhile, I did a couple of aprons for another store and they are interested in talking about doing some more. Had a home show over the weekend hosted by two very sweet friends that was a lot of fun and pretty successful. I've had more luck on this business through word-of-mouth than anything else. I have never paid a penny for advertising, and hope not to. Facebook and Sunday School are definitely the way to go!

Yesterday I finally did what I've been wanting to do for several months, and ordered a bulk shipment of designer fabrics. 14 bolts to be exact. I am going to add the by-the-yard sale of these to my business, and also be able to use them in my own creations. It was quite an investment that I'm hoping will yield the returns I've calculated. In any case, I am now in the fabric business!

Caleb's newest thing is his shoes.. he is a sensitive boy who likes everything in it's place, including wearing the same pair of shoes every day. It's really okay that he' like that, because his feet are XW and hard to fit, so he only HAS one pair of shoes, but a kid needs flipflops in the summer, right? So we were at Hobby Lobby last week and their flips were on sale 50% off ($.78! Can't beat that!) and I asked him if he'd like the get a pair of flip flops like daddy's and mommy's. He picked out the orange ones, after I convinced him that pink was not appropriate, and is very excited about his new shoes! The best part is, he will switch back and forth between the two pairs. I figured after we got him used to the flips he's toss the $50 Stride Rites aside and never wear them again.

Carly is a stinker, more and more every day. Yesterday she lunged head-first out of a kitchen chair that she had climbed into by herself. I was watching her, and there was nothing I could do. It was so crazy and unpredicatble. But I tell you this child is made of rubber! There was a little red spot across her shin from I'm not sure what, and other than that, not a mark to be seen. Just add this one to her long list of falls. So for now, the rule is NO MORE CLIMBING INTO THE KITCHEN CHAIRS! I've already had to get her down three times this morning and it's only 9:30. Stinker.

We are looking forward to the weekend here. 4th of july, my birthday, and a wedding at the lake all on one day! So exciting. Mawmaw is coming to visit too! I think I'll try to convince Greg to let the kiddos stay awake for fireworks, if we can find someplace close that's doing them.

I'll try to post pictures in the near future! RIght now I smell something stinky...

No comments: