Friday, October 24, 2008

The news

So, I'm sure you are all just dying to hear the details of my last post right? Well good, here they are. First let me start by saying, whoever invented the little potty chair with sound effects.. GENIUS. Caleb gets tickled to death to hear the potty singing when he pees or poops in it. I love to hear him say, "It's just singing and singing and singing!" (Yes, he says all those words together!) So anyway, yesterday he took himself to the potty like he's been doing for about 2 weeks, and I hear the potty singing (another good thing about it-- I don't have to watch him go, I can just come in when I hear it sing), so I peek around the corner, and pour on the praise for going peepee in the potty, and Caleb stands up and bends over and looks between his legs into the potty and says, "There's poopoo in there too!"

So, I was overwhelmed with the sight and smells of a kid who uses the potty for #2... it's okay, at least it's not in the pullup, or underwear... eww.

So far, no more poo sightings, but he can't hold it in forever, so we'll see where the next one lands. I'm telling you, being a parent sends all inhibition out the window. We regularly talk about peeing and pooping at the dinner table. Although, if I'm ever invited to your dinner table, I shall politely refrain. Your welcome!

No comments: