Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A little sanity, please.

Last night was bad for me. Disappointed is an understatement. I went to bed with a feeling of dread for what's to come. Thank goodness this morning was MOPS. I know all my friends there are Christians, and most if not all are McCain supporters. I knew I would be surrounded by people who had similar perspectives as me. I also am so glad that I went to a place full of Godly women who know their Bible. My table mentor mom read to us out of her amplified Bible the following passage. It makes it all seem not so terrible, in fact, something from God.

Romans 13: 1-5

LET EVERY person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God's appointment. Therefore he who resists and sets himself up against the authorities resists what God has appointed and arranged [in divine order]. And those who resist will bring down judgment upon themselves [receiving the penalty due them]. For civil authorities are not a terror to [people of] good conduct, but to [those of] bad behavior. Would you have no dread of him who is in authority? Then do what is right and you will receive his approval and commendation. For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, [you should dread him and] be afraid, for he does not bear and wear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant to execute His wrath (punishment, vengeance) on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be subject, not only to avoid God's wrath and escape punishment, but also as a matter of principle and for the sake of conscience.

Another friend said it like this: Tomorrow is already history to God.

And finally, if John McCain can give his support to this new man, his opponent for so many months, the least I can do is try to respect him. Like him I do not, but accept him I will.

I'm thanking my Jesus for putting those people in my life at the right time. Doesn't He always know the right timing? I'm in awe today of that.

No comments: